READY TO DISCUSS YOUR PROJECT?
More than 500+ small business and non-profit owners trust CI Design’s Professional Website Design Services.
Social media marketing is a powerful tool for small business looking to further their reach and interact with customers. If implemented correctly, marketing with social media can bring remarkable success to your business.
Social media is a new set of tools that allow us to connect and build relationships. Social media is doing what traditional (mass) media like telephones, advertising and televisions used to do, but at a much higher speed and it is, unlike the traditional media, a two way street. The reason for the higher speed is because everybody can contribute to the conversation, which was “in the good ol’ days” next to impossible. how to get quality backlinks . Social Media is not just the wave of the future. It’s our current marketing reality!
What will it do for You?
Competitors- Social media also allows you to easily monitor what your competitors are doing and what other people are saying about them. Did they launch a new product? What do others think? And how does this compare to your product/service?
SEO- I know this is not one of the first things that come to mind when people think of Social Media, however, when you combine the power of Social Media with the power of Google you can get some amazing results on major search engines when you do it correctly. This will drive a lot more traffic to you than just social media alone.
Be in the right Social niche, create profiles, attract followers and you will be well on your way to the top of Google!
Leads- Most of your current (and potential) customers are online, you need to be there, too. Social media participation requires equal investments of time, strategy and patience, and generating leads through your social media efforts can be the ultimate payoff. Don’t use social networks as one-way marketing and advertising channels. Instead, talk to people and engage them and leads will begin to trickle into your sales funnel.
Why Use Facebook To Start?
With 900 million users and counting, Facebook is a hotbed of opportunity for marketing. Most businesses can benefit from having a presence on this widely-used social network, but as with any other marketing channel, it’s important to go into it with realistic objectives.
• Build a brand. Facebook offers an excellent outlet to build a brand that consumers can connect with beyond the often static nature of traditional marketing. On Facebook, customers can participate in brand activities and interact with your brand on a personal level.
• Increase loyalty. By “Liking” a Facebook brand page, consumers are essentially opting in to receive your brand messaging. This is a powerful opportunity to connect with them and turn them into brand ambassadors and lifetime customers.
• Communicate. Facebook marketing is not just pushing out brand messages. It has become common for customers to use a brand page to bring up inquiries or offer feedback. Handled correctly, this can be a fantastic way to communicate with customers and offer them exceptional customer service.
Before you begin creating social media marketing campaigns, consider your business’ goals. Starting a social media marketing campaign without a plan in mind is like wandering through a forest without a map—you’ll only end up lost.
Create a social media marketing plan and brainstorm about your goals: what are you hoping to achieve through social media marketing? Who is your target audience? Where would your target audience hang out and how would they use social media? What message do you want to send to your audience with social media marketing?
Social media marketing can help with a number of goals, such as:
• Website traffic
• Brand awareness
• Creating a brand identity and positive brand association
• Communication and interaction with key audiences
Social media gives marketers a voice and a way to communicate with peers, customers and potential consumers. It personalizes the “brand” and helps you to spread your message in a relaxed and conversational way.